TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Welcome Gnome Valentine

 Good Morning!  Welcome Gnome.  Aren't these guys just the cutest?  I saw these guys on Pinterest and thought they were a craft but ended up being and Etsy item.

You can see them here.   (31) Pinterest     I thought hmmmmmm....I have wood.  I have paper.  I bet I could do this so I gave it a try and this is what I came up with.  Now I'll have to admit these guys are not hard to make and could probably be made in an afternoon if you have someone to cut out the wood for you.  Which I did.  But me being the lazy one I was actually took...ugghh...ashamed to admit....3 weeks to complete.  Yeah yeah yeah...I know.  Amazing something so easy could take so long but I had movies I wanted to watch lol.  Ok back to the project.

Here's what you need.  Wood...lol I had a board that was a 2" x 6" x 4'.  My husband cut the triangles to measure 8" tall and by the time you sand the sides (because an actual 6"wide  board is not really 6"wide it 5" and something) the bottom of the triangle measured about 4" wide.  Then you need card stock of choice.  I of course chose Valentines Day papers and a solid cream for the beard.  I also opted for air dry clay to make a rustic nose instead of a bead.  Embellish as you wish.  I made a template for the papers by tracing the triangle so I could just mass produce.  My husband actually came up with 6 of these guys all together.



I used a mat gel medium to adhere the papers to the wood.  I did not want any sheen on the paper so this was my best choice as it also does not leave brush marks when dried.  I also added very fine glitter to the hat portion.  For the clay nose I just rolled a pie and let it air dry.  No 2 were the same and when dried I brushed them with some old makeup blush.  The little hearts are actually wooden ones from the Dollar Tree.  One I painted the other I added paper to it and both I glittered.

TADA!!!  So darn cute!  I'm giving one to my Daughter in law this weekend for her mantle.  I think I might even make a St Patty's one.  Hmmmm.....maybe they should be reversable?   I'm going to think on that.


Til next time.....................................................


1 comment:

  1. Now that was definitely 3 weeks well spent because these gnomes are the cutest!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete