TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Halloween Split Card

 Halloween cards are so much fun to make.  I love being able to be playful with cute ghosts and skulls and bats and pumpkins.  I'm going to be so sad when all the grandkids are too grown for the cutesy cards.  Although I am a huge lover of Fall so I will probably have no problem transitioning into Autumn cards.  But for right now I'll still do cute but this one more toward teens.  A little more grown up but not yet total adult.

I made this sample for my ladies group to make 2 weeks ago.  I cut all the pieces so it was basically a slap together card.  I also use all the scrap DSP pieces from previous Halloween cards I just did  in the last few posts.  The base is a standard landscape card 5.5"x 4.25".  Diagonal front piece from upper left to lower right.  Scrap to be used for a different project if you want.  DSP is 5.25" x 4" also cut diagonally.  1 part glued to the bottom front flap the other to the inside right top.  The solid purple is 3"x6" folded in half and glued on inside middle so that when you fold the purple down over the left front flap it is still centered.  Now you embellish.  Mine here is embellished with a lot of extra scraps because I had asked my granddaughter to put hash marks around the edge of the purple and she totally messed it up.  Instead of throwing it out we used scrapes from punching out bats and just covered the mistakes.  So this card is bacially a do whatever card.



So it didn't turn out bad but everyone in my group just got basic pieces.  I did supply them with the ek bat border punch so if they wanted to add some bats and then take the back scraps for more embellies they can.



Here's a little side view of my finished card.


Another super Easy Peasy.........................


Til next time.........................................................




























No comments:

Post a Comment