TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Simple Flat Card Kit Gifts

 Oh my goodness I am so excited for what I'm going to hand out to friends this year.  Little card kits!  This won't be a Christmas gift just a little something to say thank you for being my friend. 

I found these adorable Organza bags on Amazon that had little snowflakes embossed on them and BOING!!!!  Light bulb moment!  I decided that I was going to make up a little kit of maybe 6 Christmas cards that my friends and family members could easily put together and handout to their friends as something they made especially for them.  I wanted them to be different than just normal folded cards so I took one of Sue Campfields ideas and did a super easy fun fold that anyone can do. Super Duper easy!




For this card you need very little supplies.

(1) piece solid cardstock 4.25" x 5.5"

(1) piece DSP 5.25" x 8" scored at 4 & 6. 

Some sort of front add on.  See photos to understand. 

Save your double-sided papers and use single sided for this project.  You'll never see the back side.  Now I also used a large and a medium label punch for my original card kit which is the blue card in the photos.  So I also needed a scrap about 3x4 of dark blue and a scrap 2x3 of white.  But as you can see from some other samples the options are limitless.  Use whatever you have on hand.


Now basically all you do to make this card is score the DSP, fold it in half so right sides are facing each other, take the other fold and fold it back so the 2 white sides are touching.  Yes I just stupefied the accordion fold.  LOL.  I just realized how dumb this is reading.  Well at least I'm entertaining right????


Anyway, glue the two 2" sides together.  It just makes it a sturdier flap.  Now glue the 4" side to the solid 4.25 x 5.5 cardstock.  Done, except for add ons that you choose. If you use colored card stock for the 4.25 x 5.5 piece I would either put another piece of white card on the back for personal message or option 2 is to put a slim 1.75 x 5 strip on the inside flap.






This is more like a Post Card greeting card than a standard card since it will not stand independently but it does fit in the normal A2 envelopes.  Another thought is that if you want to have it stand you could make an easel for it.  I do have a small easel die that I got off of Amazon a long time ago similar to THIS . Or I'm sure you could just make your own.  Hope you enjoyed this quickie Christmas card.


Til next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment