TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Birthday Explosion Box

Hello!!!  Its Thursday and guess what???  I forgot that today is my sisters Birthday.  UGHHHH....see I told you I'm a last minute person when it comes to getting my cards made!   I guess even Google Calendar doesn't help me!  Lucky for me I have a 2 day reprieve.  You see I will be seeing my sister on Saturday at my grand nieces birthday party so whewww I had time to get cutting!  No pun intended lol.
I so enjoyed making those shower explosion boxes that I decide to make a birthday one for my sister.  We don't normally exchange gifts so I decided an extra special card would be perfect.  I won't wait time with a tutorial since all explosions boxes are basically made the same for the base.  There are hundreds if not thousands of the box tutorials on you tube.  What makes each one different is the embellishments used and the papers.  Pick a theme and run with it.  So this time the theme is Girly Birthday.



















Isn't this paper fun?  Awesome feathers on one side and then maps on the back side.  It came from a paper pad called  Rose Quartz from Prima.   I made little pockets on the sides so I could tuck in little inspirational tags.  In the center I made a little birthday cake from one of those battery operated tea lights.  I just used washi tape on the side then glue tiny flowers that I cupped on the top.  Here's a closeup.




I started gluing the flowers next to the flame first and then just kept building.  There are only 3 rows of these flowers but it looks like so much more.  It is so stinking cute.  Plus it got me thinking.......a friend of mine has her birthday in October.  Her favorite holiday is Halloween so.....yep that's my theme for another birthday box...HALLOWEEN.  Won't that be Fun??  I may even get it finished early!

Until next time
HAPPY CARDING

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun tealight and that birthday box is amazing!! Stunning work on both of these, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete