TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, July 23, 2018

PULL UP CARD FOR A SPECIAL FRIEND

Well I'm back again with another fancy fold.  I enjoyed doing the explosion boxes but after 3 of them I was ready for a different type of fancy fold.  So to the rescue was a you tube video by Wendy Cranford.  She made such a cute fancy fold card that I knew I needed to attempt this.  It looked more complicated than it really was and she did an awesome job on her video.  Check it out. http://luvinstampin.com/2018/06/pull-up-accordion-card.html I was in need once again for a birthday card.  Boy July is rough...so many birthdays.  Here's how mine turned out.

This is so hard to take a photo but I did the best I could.

I used yellow and pink as my background and then use pattern paper from an old paper pad that I got from Hobby Lobby.  I don't know the name of the pad since the cover is gone and I bought it maybe 3 years ago.  I wanted to spruce it up a bit but not add too much bulkiness so I just added a few butterflies from the same pattern paper and card stock.  This is a large card.  Finished size is 6.25 x 6.25.  So I needed to make an envelope for it.  The paper pad I used for the card has alot of coordinating papers so I just used one of those to make this cute envelope in the background.


  Finished this in time to mail and arrive on her Birthday on Wednesday I hope.

So til next time

HAPPY CARDING

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen one of these, Susan. All I can say is wow, Wow, WOW!! It is great having a friend who always introduces me to new and amazing designs!!

    ReplyDelete