TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

GIRLS LOVE DINOSAUR 'S TOO

Do you ever notice that when it comes to making a kids card I turn into the President of last minute cards!   I wait until I absolutely need one before my brain even engages.  Sometimes my idea of last minute is a week or 2 before but for my poor grandniece I wait til I absolutely need it.  Last year I made a (by the seat of my pants lol) Rainbow card that I literally just slapped together.  I felt so bad because her mom normally saves all the kids I've ever made her kids and that one was not save worthy.  So for this year I knew in advance that she is all into Dinosaurs.  Absolutely LOVES them.  So I set out to find some inspiration on Pinterest.  I found a dinosaur I liked but it was one of those Svg (is that right?) files.  Well I don't have that type of cutter.  I'm a hand crank kind of gal.  But from the looks I figured I could do some Punch Art work on it.  I made it a large card 5.5"x8.5" so I could make a scene and not just have a Dino.  Sooooooo............Here it is!!

The body probably should have been more oval but it wasn't until I had it glued on and I sat back and looked that it hit me that an oval would have worked better.  My coconuts crack me up.  I layered a dark brown circle under a lighter circle the same size except I squished it up before gluing.  Ok looks NOTHING like a coconut but you get the idea and a 4 year old won't notice.  I'm just excited that I was able to get a card done for her and still have 3 days until the party!  Yay for me!!!  Pressure off.  At least for this year.

Thanks for stopping by and til next time...................

HAPPY CARDING





1 comment:

  1. Oh what an adorable card! Your little dinosaur loving friend is going to adore this!

    ReplyDelete