TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, March 22, 2021

EGGcellent Slimline Card

  Hippity Hoppity the Easter Bunny is right on the edge of the Leprechauns Rainbow!   I barely got my St Patty's day cards out and now I need to rush into the Easter cards.

  Last year I was all about the super pretty and elegant Easter cards.  I had bought this beautiful die and I absolutely LOVED the way my card turned out.  Then like a fool I mailed the original off right away before pictures.  Made a few more a little different and even turned one into a birthday card.  The die was just so versatile.  This year....well you would think with still being homebound that I would have plenty of time to get cards done but somehow I have filled my time with ......hmmmmmm well I'm not sure.  LOL.  So I decide to go easy this year.  Well ends up though easy there is alot of die cutting.  I wanted to do a Slimline card.  They are my new obsession lately.  I also decided on both the 4 x 9 1/4 size and the smaller 3.5 x 6.5 size ones.  I'm using Dollar Tree envelopes that I had on hand so that makes it a bit easier for me in the fact that I don't have to go out and buy envelopes or make them.  Although I have seen some really cute envelopes for Slimline cards and I do have some real pretty pastel thinner paper that would be perfect for "Spring" envelopes but hey Easter is only 2 weeks away and I have stuff to do lol. 


Above is the mess before assembly.  I got everything cut and separated.  In the center you can see the new slimline dies I got from Ebay.  None of them had names but I'll post a link at the bottom of the post.  I really liked these.  I used them in my Gemini Junior and they cut beautifully.  Of course I then could not resist the cute little bunny dies that came with the 3 eggs above them.  They were on Amazon.  By the way all of these were shipped super fast so I was a happy camper.   I gathered papers I had on hand.  Some were scraps some full size sheets.  The last thing I needed was more paper but I sure did see some pretty ones out there.  But I took a deep breath and used what I had.  Here are the 11 that I completed.  Instead of making this post even longer I just slipped in the inserts off to the right in the picture.  That is the sentiment in all the cards printed on white linen paper.  I used double sided tape just on the top part to adhere it inside each card. 

I was going to add words to the outside but decided I liked the they simplicity of the way it looked as is so I left it alone.  I'm pretty sure if I sat and contemplated longer I would change my mind.  I tend to do that alot.  The longer I stare the more I add.  I can never seem to leave well enough alone.  It always ends up the more I add the more postage I need to add to and that was what I wanted to avoid this time.  

I also decided to emboss the Dollar Tree envelopes.  Actually a group I'm in on Facebook had one post where someone asked what to do with those small thin but long embossing folders.  Just popping in my head (knowing most people use them as edgers) I suggested they be used on envelopes.  So today I thought Well look at me giving suggestions I've never tried myself.  So I thought I'd give it a try.  It seems to work beautifully.  So here we go another use for those folders I know I seldom ever use.


I know this is a pretty long post but boy I had a lot to say. I usually do lol.  Now to get going on the little Easter cards for the grandkids Happy Mail box.  Making all these Slimline cards left me with some scraps of white that measure 4x4.25 and I am not a fan of mailing square cards so they will be perfect for the kids.  Then I'll gather all my scraps and make a few tags for the tag box.

So til next time.....................................

HAPPY CARDING!!!

Dies used:

Bunnys & Eggs

Frames & Eggs dies

Layering die with tag

scallop layer die set







  

3 comments:

  1. Well look at you, Susan! What a fabulous group of Easter cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, Susan! How gloriously divine are these sensational slimline Easter cards!! I love all these colorful eggs and bunnies! I know the grands, will too, as well as all the others who are lucky enough to receive one of these cheerful creations!! Amazing work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very fun are these cards- I see bunnies and Easter Eggs and embossed envelopes....so much to look at and drool over....I mean admire! Making these has to get you really excited for Easter!

    ReplyDelete