TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

ST PATTY"S , WASHCLOTHS & TOILET PAPER

It is MARCH!!!!  What does March bring??? SHAMROCKS & SHENANIGANS!   Of course!!! My Daughter in Law has given up carbs for Lent and I of course love to cook and send little treats over to their house since they live so close so this year I decided to get a little creative and get her to roll her eyes at me thinking I'm the "typical" Pain in the butt Mother in Law lol.  So I made a cute (though not paper) useable St Patty's Decoration Cake! 

We have all seen those adorable baby diaper cakes right?  Well they don't have a baby but they do have kids that get dirty LOL!  Soooo  how about a Washcloth cake?  I looked on line to see if I could find a tutorial for one but found NOTHING.  WHAT?????  No One thought of this????  Come On!!  I can't be the only one who has dirty grand kids.  Or am I the only one who lets them play in mud?  Hmmm.......possible.  Ok so I needed the washcloths and since we are in a Pandemic and I refuse to go to the stores and I am pretty picky, I decided to order on Amazon for the washcloths. Seen HERE    They are amazing!  I am so glad that I did not opt for anything else.  They are so thick and so soft and come out to about a Dollar each..  I might just have to order myself some new washcloths just because I want some hahahaha.  Anyway I searched the house for all the other supplies.  Even the plate I used to set the plate on was one I got from Goodwill years ago for one of the Birthday decorations we made for my granddaughters Party.  I'm just recycling.  Ok enough of my chatting lets see some pictures.

             


The bottom layer has 10 washcloths rolled and placed around a large roll of toilet paper held together with a lock tie wich is covered with the ribbon that says Happy St. Patricks Day. Then a White washcloth is placed on top and a dowel rod is pushed through the tube of the toilet paper shoving the washcloth down inside and securing the dowel rod. Another toilet paper roll about half the size is wrapped in 1 green washcloth with the ends tucked into the bottom tube of the roll.  Some disposable white dust cloths were used to make one of those old fashioned accoridion paper carnations we use to make as kids with tissue paper and pipecleaners.  I used a green pipecleaner to hold the dust cloths together in the center, fanned out the layers and attached a skinny ribbon to the bottom of the flower.  Placed the flower on top of the green wrapped toilet paper roll tied to bottom and then slipped green roll over dowel rod.  All small 4 leaf clovers were from punchs I had and the larger ones I made by punching out 4 hearts and gluing them together.  Nothing is glued directly to the washcloths.  The bows have little glue dots that come right off.  Large 4 leaf clovers are on pipecleaners that are stuck in between layers of the washcloths and the little cut apart cards are attached to tooth picks and stuck into layers too..  The flower topper of course cannot be re-used so yes all those 4 leaf clovers and sequins are glued but the flower itself like I said is tied on to the roll.  The beads are of course just layed on top.

So I know this is an extremely long post but sometimes I get wordy.  lol  Hope you like it.  My Daught in Law is going to love this after she's done being mad thinking that I made her cake.

Til next time...................................................

HAPPY CARDING!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, your washcloth cake is sooo cute! You just might be a trend-setter, making the first of its kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun and most useful cake and best of all, no calories!! You are amazing, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete