TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, March 1, 2021

Simple St Patty's

 March comes in like a lion right?  Or does it come in like a lamb?  I never get that saying right.  All I know is that the "Shamrocks" come flying in March.  Bag pipes are piping and Corn Beef is cooking!  I LOVE MARCH!!!  So I'm starting off with a super simple slimline card.

Mine are the shorter ones.  Well at least this one is.  The finished card is 3.5 x 6.5 and fits in a regular number 8  6 3/4 envelope.  I get my envelopes at the Dollar tree so I do not invest alot of money on these.  The envelopes can be spruced up by either stamping a little on them or adding washi tape or even sponging around the edges so they don't look so plain.  



This specific cards first layer is 3.25 x 6.25 black card stock then I cut a piece of double sided Authentique designer paper 3x6 and cut it diagonally both ways to form an X.  The 2 side pieces I flipped over then just matched up the center points and glued everything down.  I matted one of the cut aparts from the same paper pad and glued it to the center.

Inside I stamped the sentiment and added a few shamrocks.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  I have a few more ideas in mind but I'm waiting for Amazon orders lol.

Stay tune for a few more ideas.  Til then...........................

HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. oh what fun - adding nice touches to your envelopes is a super idea. Your St Patty's card is very pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love a few shenanigans on St. Patrick's Day!! What a precious card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete