TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, May 7, 2022

Paper Flower Envelope Box Card

 Hello Everyone!  I sure hope where ever you are that you are enjoying beautiful Sunny Spring weather and not the gloomy wet weather I have been having here.  Until this morning I was beginning to believe that Spring would never really arrive and yet today the day before Mothers Day we finally get a peek of the sun and will actually reach the temps of the 60's!  Then Mother Nature is taking a hard turn right into Summer with the upper 80's all next week!!  Thats what happens when you live around the Great Lakes area, never normal weather LOL.

Anyway, my last post was a beautiful Mothers Day card where I used flowers tucked into the envelope opening and it was stunning.  I did love it.  I had mentioned that I was going to try another one using paper flowers and the timing was perfect to make this card.  My granddaughter left for a school trip to Washington DC this weekend and needed a Mothers Day card but did not have time to make one so of course I volunteered.  This time I decided to let the cellophane stand out a bit by gluing some pretty Spring colored sequins to it before slipping it inside the envelope.  I didn't want to cover it all up with flowers, stems and leaves so instead I just added a couple butterflies and only used the flowers on the front outside part of the envelope.  I made the flowers using simple paper punch's and picked out colors from the butterflies in the background paper on the envelope.  My Granddaughter loved it and I can't wait for her to give it to her mom.


I wish the picture turned out better but she grabbed the card and was gone in a flash long before I was able to check the photo.  I assure you it was a lot more vibrant in real life.  Hopefully I'll be able to get an edited photo later.

To all you moms out there and dads who have to do duel roles of mom and dad I wish you all a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Till next time................................

HAPPY CARDING!

1 comment:

  1. Susan, this is such a lovely creation. WOW!!! Jeanette

    ReplyDelete