TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, May 28, 2022

FLOWERS TAGS EMBELLIES OH MY PART 2

Well now....I have no idea what happened with my previous post.  I went back to add to it and in the edit view it was all garbled up.  I could not read a thing.  I had to keep toggling from preview to edit and I thought ok Susan you are going to lose this entire post if you keep this up so I just BAILED!  Felt it was the safer choice.  Now where was I?  Thank goodness when I checked it posted ok.  Except the end.  Big long space at the end but it is what it is.  So as I was saying.............flowers........here are some examples of flowers just using basic punch's.  A old flower punch and a 2" scallop punch.  It all has to do with the curling and whether you lay your layers curl side up or curl side down.  Or in some cases I did up and down on the same flower.  I use this technique on all sizes of flower punch's.  Oh and for some try curling sideways.  Whole nother different look.  Also look for different punches to turn into flowers.  For example I used a pinwheel punch for flowers and I've used star punch's.  So look outside the box. 

The flowers are pretty when added to banners that you can make from scraps too.  Boy you can have a ton of these after just a few projects.  They can be as thin or thick as you'd like and as long as you'd like.  Use them as a decorative embellie banner or for a sentiment.  You can add all sorts of fancy cuts to the ends too.  Fish tails, zig zags, distress, ticket, etc.  I love having these available and sticking them in Happy Mail.

Now you can use these embellies that you have put together to decorated Tags for gifts like below.  Or even on pockets or envelope albums.  Just a few ideas.

See busy embellie on busy paper is really ok.  Just go for it!

Well so sorry for the big mess up in the 2 posts.  Hopefully this won't be a habit. This post has also been a challenge with me going back and forth fixing sizes.  I type in one size and when I come back it went to another size.  Crazy.  Hopefully all wwill be fine.  This is mass confusion and I'm usually confused anyway so I'm really a mess now LOL.  Well don't forget to check out my Shabby flower post for more super super simple flowers and don't forget to add glitter!!!  Glitter makes everything better!  Except BLOG posts since you can't actually glitter those. hahahaha

Oh and incase I wasn't clear in the last post.  Pretty sure I wasn't.... the links for Sandy's YouTube channel is below.  She will have a link to her Etsy store there.

Until next time......................................................

HAPPY CARDING


(546) Septeria18 - YouTube

1 comment: