TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Graduation Time

 So how many of you are celebrating graduations?  I know I am.  My first Grandchild graduates from Middle school.  Uggghhh  I feel so old!  LOL  Covid had taken alot away from Middle Schoolers but she was able to cram as much as she could into her last year.  She Had her  Violin Solo's, Chorus Solo's, was a lead character in a school play, attended her first dance, raised enough money to go on the 8th grade trip to Washington D.C. and have a grand end of school field trip to Great America.  Whewwww...........what a year!  Now Graduation time is here and it's bitter sweet.

I wanted to make a card that represented her.  It took me a while but then it hit me.  Her school colors were Red and Black.  Her Dress for the 8th grade dance and the very same dress she wanted to wear on Graduation was Red and she loved the Violin which she has now been playing for the last 3 years.  Those would all be incorporated into the card.  The finished size is a 5" x 7".


I had to cut the violin out 3 times for the piecing.  I got a bit frustrated a few times and had to add extra cut outs because the pieces were so tiny.  I think I broke the strings on the bow 3 times LOL.  But in the end I love it.  I made the envelope to go with it and used one of the extra violins as a tuck spot to close the flap.


I hope this is one she will treasure.  My Congratulations go out to all of you who have young adults Graduating this year.  No matter the grade we should be very proud of them.

Til next time..............................................

HAPPY CARDING

2 comments:

  1. OMGOSH I've missed you and your blog! I can comment only from my laptop (and I'm never home/have internet when I need it!) so WOW glad I get to see this! So beautiful and I love the touch of the music - notes and violin ... perfectly done! Crafty hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, this is absolutely gorgeous - and I love how you incorporated things that represent your granddaughter into her card. She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete