TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, October 29, 2022

SCHOOL PICTURE CHRISTMAS DISPLAY CARD

 Hello Fall!  Hello School Pictures!  As we enter mid Fall School pictures start arriving and we start cutting apart all those wallet size photos to slip into the Christmas cards for some of our special family and friends.  I know when I was younger with young kids I use to do the same and I received many in cards also.  Back then not many people were into paper crafting or real fancy scrapbooking.  Heck I think most of us used those albums where you pulled the plastic sheet back off of the sticky-ish board insert, layed the photo down wrote brief sentence of where it was and layed the plastic back over it.  If we were fancy we made a padded fabric cover for our album.  Today people still just slip school pictures into their Christmas cards and mail them off and people usually place them into a drawer somewhere.  This year I had time to think.  The grandkids are gone on a Disney trip with their folks and I'm dog sitting but before they left my son dropped off the envelopes of school pictures of each of the kids and said take what you want and we'll get the envelope when we get back.  Well normally I only want a 5x7 of each child but this time I sat and noticed that besides the regular wallet size pic's there were 8 of each child that were even smaller.  Hmmmmmm....my wheels were turning.  What could I do with that???  Why not a card that is also a display?  So this is what I came up with..



So when it lays flat it measures 5.25 x 8.25 and folded it is 2.75 x 5.25.  



The tags are 2.25 x 4.  and just slip right into each pocket.  My son only has 3 children so a small 3 fold accordion worked well for me but if you have more children you just make it longer.



Now this was not my original idea.  My inspiration came from Pinkstrawberryz.  Her video was so easy to follow those hers was a bigger size.  You can find her video HERE .  I had to rely on memory to make this since I was up at my lake house with no internet.  To top it off I did not have all my supplies either as we were closing the cottage for the season and this was a last minute project..  Stay tune for the next post on Crafting at the cabin.  I go more into details of this card.


Til next time...........................................................................

2 comments: