TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Coffin/Couffin Basket/Cradle

 Did you know that the word Coffin was from an Old French word meaning Basket in English and that its modern day French word Couffin translates to Cradle?  Makes it seem like a not too eerie thing when you say your making a Coffin card.  lol  

I had decided to try making Coffin shaped Halloween cards for the kids this year.  Not having a Cricut I had to make my own template for the card and the layers.  Alot of trial and error since I had a hard time getting my left side the same as the right side and then needing to shrink it for layers.  Let me tell you I made it a whole lot more complicated than it had to be.  Silly me should have just gone on the internet....look for coffin templates...copy one I liked into my computer and then just shrink it 2x's for the layers. But noooooooooooooooo........I have to waste all morning and part of the afternoon measuring and cutting only to find out after I folded it that it wasn't even.  So don't be like me...................take the easy route.

I ended up with 2 different sizes during my trial.  I intend to use both sizes for cards.  The smaller ones do not work as layers for the bigger ones due to my measuring.  The angles on both sizes are totally different and cannot be used together. (see I made it complicated lol)  The smaller one though would be a perfect size for a tag so I may make a few of those too.   


All the insides are a variation of what you see above.  Inside each card I will be placing these adorable Halloween face masks I found on line at Amazon.  They take awhile to arrive so you may not have time to get them for your cards but they also have Christmas designs.



Christmas masks

I might order some of these for my Daughter in law.  She teaches at a school and these would be so fun for her.


That's all for now. Til next time.

HAPPY CARDING

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these fabulous Halloween cards, Susan!! Each one unique and spooky!! You are so awesome, GF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun Halloween cards, Susan... the shape cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete