TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Gatefold Birthday Card

 I figured it was about time I put some real thought into a Birthday card instead of just whipping one up at the last minute.  A friend of mine has a birthday coming up in October. (yeah I know! I'm actually planning ahead lol)  Anyway in the past I have tried to come up with a Fallish theme since it's an October birthday but this year I decided to go in a different direction.  She also loves larger cards so this one is a 5"x7".  I'm not sure what you call this fold.  It might be called a double gate but I'm not positive.  

You need 2 pieces of heavy weight card stock cut 7" x 10"  On both you will score at 2.5" and 5" on the long side. Glue the 5x7 sides together to form the center of the card. As shown below.


When closed there will be a small gap at the center.

Now decorate! I find to make this a bit easier you can use a themed paper pack.  I used the Authentique Dame paper collection for mine.  Also to keep it closed I cut a strip 1.75" x 12" to make a belly band.


I think this would look really cute with fall papers too.

Thanks for stopping by and til next time................................

HAPPY CARDING

3 comments:

  1. Susan, this is so pretty! Your friend is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool- love the fold, and you are very organized- I tend to be last minute or late...or not at all with sending cards......!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure, Susan. And look at all those amazing papers!!

    ReplyDelete