TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Another Pandemic Birthday

 My oh my days have changed.  With Covid we are all trying to do our best to make the "Littles" feel unforgotten on their Birthdays.  I know in my own family my Daughter in law has arranged 3 different Birthday parade.  Well almost 3.  First she did a combined parade for my 12 yr old granddaughter and my 40 yr old son.  She was able to get the local library to participate as well as our movie theater which dropped off a huge bag of theater popcorn for the 12 yrs old and for the 40 yr old she was able to get a local brewery to drop off some craft beer.  We had so much fun doing the parade and the kids got to watch at least 30 cars drive by honking and shooting silly string and water balloons.  Next was my 4 yr old granddaughters.  We had about the same number of people participating but this time added in a local farm that brought a pony for her to ride around in the back yard.  Talk about one HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!  This time my son was able to get a hold of an Ice Cream truck to be in our parade and then set up in front of their house handing out ice cream for the first 15 min before moving on through the neighborhood to his usual route.  Now the 3rd parade is to happen next week.  Not sure what my Daughter in law has lined up of my 9yr old grandson but I'm sure it will be awesome.


One of the Facebook groups I belong to had a mom from California asking about cards for her 4yr old who is so disappointed that she can't have a party.  I told the mom I'd send a card and told her of our parades.  I guess she is hoping to have one for her daughter.  Anyway the little girl loves princesses and I just happened to have Echo Parks paper pack called Perfect Princess      .

Of course you know me and fancy folds......if I have the opportunity I go for those!  So I made a double diamond card for this little girl who I have never met.  I hope she enjoys it as much as I did making it.  Bet she'll enjoy the $2 for ice cream more....lol.

I've made a few of these and I know I'll make alot more in this style.  They are so easy but so so so cute.


Til next time................................

HAPPY CARDING

3 comments:

  1. You guys don't mess around when it comes to parades, Susan!! Sounds like an all-out effort to the max!!! Theater popcorn, craft beer, ponies, and ice cream trucks!! I am looking forward with great anticipation to hear about the next one!!! Love your delightful princess card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW- what incredible Birthday parties and parades your family has! How fun is that! I look forward to hearing about the parade for your GS next!!!
    Your card is darling- you are so sweet to put a smile on a little girls face!!!

    ReplyDelete