TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Recycle Tags

Well Covid has changed the way many of us do things.  I for one can't stand going out to the stores and I really can't believe that I have not stepped into a craft store since February.  7 months!!!  OMG...if you asked me back in November if I could stay out of Hobby Lobby I'd tell you "NO WAY"!  But here it is 7 months later and I have yet to step into any of my crafty places.  When I need supplies I load up my Amazon cart and then click.  We only have 1 mom and pop scrapbook store out this way but it is 20 miles away so I don't go there either though I would have supported them if they had an online store but they don't.  So Amazon it is.

Now I need tags.  Usually I make them from extremely heavy kraft card stock but lately I have just grabbed whatever I have had laying around and turn it into a tag.  You can get alot of tags from the recycle bin.  Here are some things I grabbed out of our cart.

The copper looking piece is a back of a calendar which I ended up not using for a tag base but the boxes and the mailing folder I did use and I got alot of tags.  I probably could have gotten more out of the scraps by making smaller tags but I just wanted some larger ones for now and I'm sure my bin will be full of new cardboard soon.  So here's what I got so far.


I got 22 that are on top which measure 3" x 6".  Then bottom right are 2 at 2.25" x 5" and on the right 3 of them at 2.5" x 5".  Thats 27 tags from trash!!!  Now to cover them.  I also plan on shaping the tops of the tags too.
Now some of the embellies are recycled too.  A page from a magazine for some words, a popcorn bag, an old calendar for some words and pictures and even some starbucks sleeves.

So to start with here are a few Halloween tags and 2 everyday tags.

Even used some green bubble wrap for the bow on the top second tag.  Papers were from the scrap basket except the popcorn one which was an actual bag from popcorn.
You'd never guess these tag bases started out as boxes from the recycle bin.
Well I have 14 more to go so I'll post those later.

Til next time....................
HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, I love seeing how you creatively recycle things. WOW! These tags are just way too fun! Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing upcycled tags, Susan!! You are crazy, wicked talented!!

    ReplyDelete