TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Valentine Slimline

VALENTINES DAY TOMORROW!!!!!  WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS????   MINE??   LOL  NONE!!!   Yep hubby and I have never really celebrated the holiday.  Rarely has he given me flowers unless its a potted plant to be planted outdoors since he hates wasting money on things that will just die and end up in the trash.  He's also an Arborist so it makes sense that if you give something that is a plant or flower it is suppose to be planted in the ground and not bought in a store to go in a vase and then in the trash.  Its been like this for 45 years so why change now right?  But we do give the kids chocolates and cards and I did do the whole school thing when the kids were young and now do it for the grandkids.  So of course I don't just give them any ol' card for Valentines Day.  This year decided to do the popular Slimline cards.  I made mine so simple to fit in regular business envelopes so they measure 4" x 9.25".  I used a die I got on Amazon that can be seen HERE and was super cute but definitely needed wax paper to release those tiny hearts.  Of course I needed to use those tiny hearts so nothing was wasted.  I think they are perfect for quicky cards.  What do you think?


I love them and with some of the left over papers and hearts I plan to make some tags to put in my tag box.  I'll share those next time.  Obviously the tags can't be used for this Valentines Day but it will be nice to have some on hand for the future in my tag box.  I am sooo glad I have that box.  I go to it alot.  I think we all need a Tag box or two or three or................................. lol!


Til next time

HAPPY CARDING

3 comments:

  1. Susan, you're looking so slim and fabulous here on your blog today! Lovely cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sensational slimline Valentine designs, Susan!! Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your slimline creations, and that heart die is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete