TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Happy Mail Pocket 2

Hello and another fun Happy Mail Pocket to fill.  I have been cruising YouTube lately.  Mostly because a friend has a channel and I keep checking to see what she is up to but while I'm there a channel by Septeria 18 kept popping up and she has so many awesome quick and easy ideas for pockets...junk journals... embellishments...mini albums and alot of stuff inbetween.  She also has an Etsy store where you can buy here items pre-cut.  Well the latest gem I came across was this Happy Mail pocket. She does not have fancy names for these infact this one is just called Happy Mail/flat mail idea. I am absolutely loving picking out different things to stuff into these little pockets. 

Recently I had received some Happy Mail (which I love getting!!!) and when I opened the envelope and pulled out the card a bunch of tiny butterflies scattered all over the place.  I was like "Oh noooo" dropping to the floor to get them before the goofy dog (my son's) decided to eat them (he eats anything!)  That incident made me love these Happy Mail pockets even more.  The little items are tucked into the pocket or a tiny envelope in the pocket until you can safely get them to a table and open each one separately.  It's like a couple little surprises all in 1 special place.  Here's the newest Happy Mail Pocket idea.


Top pictures are the fronts and the bottom pictures are the backs.  Now confession time.  Pocket example on the left top and bottom was the first one I did and "Oooopppsss"  I made it backwards!  The pockets are on the wrong side.  I know!  Who would know???  I would!  Plus I want you to see that it's ok to do it backwards, it still works.  Anyway...the first one I added 3 small envelopes to the front pocket which can have little die cuts slipped inside like homemade grommets...flowers...birds or butterflies and then on the back I slipped in some tags.  There is also a top pocket where I slid in a mini file folder die cut.  You'll see a better picture of that later.  So lets make a Happy Mail Pocket:



The piece on the left is the mail piece and should be double sided cardstock.  The other smaller piece does not need to be double sided.  After scoring both pieces .. notching the smaller one and removing the little corner on the larger one run a line of glue along the fold line of the base piece and place other piece against fold with its fold on the right.  see below.


Next fold left flap over first and then bottom gluing only the bottom left corner to secure.



Flap on the far right will then be flipped over to the back side and glued only at the top and bottom areas as shown in the next photo.











Now time to start stuffing!!!  Thats probably the most fun.  Now One nice thing I find about these pockets is I can have a bunch ready to go and just fill as I need them.  That way each one can have different things tucked inside. 

Homemade file folders .....tags.....grommets.....mini envelopes...and (paper) paper clips all ready to pick and choose to slip inside.
This is the front which also has a tiny envelope filled with letters that spell out the word THANKS.  I believe there are 7 sets of the letters inside.
On the back a couple little doily's and 2 mini envelopes.  1 has grommets in it the other has some punched doves.

So there you have it............another Happy Mail Pocket.  Now isn't this a fun way to receive a few die cuts in your Happy Mail?  And just a little FYI...........these "as is" were taken to the Post Office today and guess what???  No extra postage needed!!!!  Boy that is a WIN!!!!!  

I will admit I doubt that this will be the last pocket Happy Mail idea.  Either I or I'm sure Septeria will come up with another but for right now I'm hitting the scrap basket and getting some Happy Mails ready.


Til Next Time

HAPPY CARDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!








1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! What a cool and fun time you have had creating! I have a couple of Zoom friends that make junk journals and I can see over time how it makes a change in their cardmaking- good at making embellishments like you have here to tuck in their pockets and flaps. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete