TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

QUICK SHABBY CHIC FLOWERS

 Shabby Chic never seems to go out of style.  At least I don't think it does.  People are still interested in antiques and D.I.Y.'s and everyone is drawn to romance.  To me Shabby Chic screams Romance...Victorian times...Vintage.  Boy I'm way off track on this post.  LOL  This is suppose to be about quick flowers.  Shabby Chic ones but quick.  So lets get on with this.

I needed a card for this weekends card making gathering.  I really don't want to think.  In fact so much so that I remembered that pre-Covid I had put together a card kit posted HERE originally.  So after digging I finally found the bag and went through each individual bags only to notice that I never made the flowers for the kit.  That then required me to try and find paper close to the colors I used on the original card and make up a bunch of flowers.  Now I said SIMPLE.  Let me tell you they can't get any simpler. 



Ok now don't think your eyes have gone wonky.  The dark purple circles did not turn into light purple flowers and the yellow circles did not turn into green.  I really should have planned all this better but I didn't.  lol  Anyway I actually used 3 different size punch's.  A 2" punch, a 1.5 " punch and a 5/8" punch.  All of the ones that I had were scallop but you don't have to use scallop.  Cheap card stock 65# works best.  The heavier cardstock does not squish right for me.  I get a small container of water and put about 4 circles in at a time.  After just about 5 sec I remove 1 at a time and squish it on the counter until all wrinkled.  If you look at the original post it shows it clearer.  Let them dry....glitter them up and TADA!  DONE! READY TO GO!

Here's my case full ready for this weekend full of card making with friends.  I forgot how much I loved making these and the Shabby roses.  I realized I hadn't made a flower post since 2014 seen HERE .  I'm definitely going to have to do an update some day.



Well I'm going to go work on flowers.  Til next time....................................

HAPPY CARDING!

1 comment: