TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, April 22, 2023

Accordion Fan Fold

 Hello Friends!  I have finally been motivated back to fancy fold cards!  It has been awhile and yet my past few post have been fancy fold that I have noticed as I have been surfing through Pinterest. Some I have seen are repeats of ones I have done before and others, even though I have done them before, I think about a remix into a Slimline card or maybe a 5x7 card.  So many of my past cards were the standard 4.25" x 5.5" and I know they would look different in a larger size.  Also Using those busy full 12 x 12" sheets of scrapbook papers that are usually used for albums and finding ways to use them in a fancy fold card instead and seeing how different they would look with just 1 sheet.  Like the post I did called "Thinking of You Pop Out"    Seen Here.  So today I found this one.  Just a little complicated but not much.


It's an Art Deco card that I used an old pad of designer paper from Downton Abbey.  Remember that show?  Well one time while at Tuesday Morning I came across a paper pad called Downton Abbey.  It had beautiful papers and some quotes on the inside cover from some of the characters.  Pretty cool. I thought this was going to be a pad I was going to go through right away but instead I barely used the papers.  I could never find the right card shape for some of the designs.  All the papers in this pad deserve to be in fancy fold type cards that focus on the beauty of the paper and not hide it through alot of layers and this card seemed just right for this design. Anyway I used on of the  sheets along with kraft paper for a base on this fancy fold.  Now this too was a card that I saw done by Sam on Mixed up Crafts.  She saw the card on Pinterest by someone named Jackie but there was only a picture.  No template and no link to her blog, just her picture of the card.  So Sam took the time to re-create the card.  It looks very similar to another card I have done in the past except the base of the card is an accordion.   You can find Sam's directions for this card HERE.  This card has an area on the back for signing.  It folds flat to fit inside a 5x7 envelope.

Until next time....................................................................................




1 comment:

  1. Susan, this card looks so elegant. Lovely fold; perfect papers. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete