TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Its Easter

 Tomorrow is Easter!  Oh my goodness and I'm rushing.  As usual I have had plenty of time but have chosen to just relax and do absolutely nothing.  Watch a few movies...take a few naps...try out a few new recipes and now I'm paying for it.  The only thing ready is food has been bought.  I have a house full coming tomorrow and seven very excited children who can't wait to get here and partake in the annual egg hunt.  Yesterday my son and I filled a ton of eggs and stashed them in a closet before the grandkids got here to color their Easter eggs.  Its another annual tradition to come to Ama and Apa's house to decorate the eggs. I look forward to this mess every year and the kids have a blast.  This year I opted to not give individual Easter baskets.  Since there are 7 kids I had decided to give family baskets instead.  Each basket is filled with bubbles, frisbees, kites, footballs, paddleballs, etc.  All outdoor toys.  They are all put into laundry baskets and wrapped up with Dollar Tree plastic table cloths to make them look like giant Easter baskets.  I'll be using them as part of the outside decor at the beginning of our Easter Egg Hunt this year.  


I then needed tags.  These are pretty big so I decided to use a cereal box for the base of the tag and cover it with scrapbook paper.  I have no idea where this paper came from as it is quite old but it looked like Spring time to me.

The bunny and the eggs were from an old Sizzix steel rule die.  Remember those? They were the ones that were like an inch thick and had originally had 3 sizes. Large were red, medium were yellow and small were green but all were about 1 " thick. We used them with the Big Red Sizzix die cut machine.  I still have that thing lol. Anyway these were the green dies.  The tags themselves are about 5" x 12".  Its kind of nice to use old stuff again.

Well Happy Easter to everyone.

Til next time............................

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Susan! Your laundry basket Easter baskets turned out amazing! I can just imagine the excitement at your house today! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete