TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, March 18, 2024

Cute Little Napkin Rings

 Ooooooo................Easter is nearly here!  I just now took down St Patty's Day......whipped up Easter decor and need to get my butt in gear getting food bought and table decorations made.

Not sure how much I will manage to get done considering how close Easter is to St Patty's day this year.  Geeze, you'd think they'd plan this better lol.   Anyway I may not get everything done but I think I just might be able to get the napkin rings done.  Thanks mainly to Maymay.  Ok....I know ...again I'm not original but heck Pinterest is just so easy to NOT have to think. Hahahahaha!  And..... Maymay keeps sending me these emails!  Okay......  Geeze.............I know ......I signed up for them.  But if I didn't I'd have to think!  So there!  Method to my madness.

Ok back to napkins.  Maymay sent out an email recently with 3 easy Easter projects and the one that caught my eye was of course the napkin rings.  It would only take 3 sheets of 12x12 colorful card stock for me to make 18 needed rings.  Each sheet makes 6.  From each sheet you will be cutting out (12) 7  3/4" x 1  1/4 " strips.  Following Maymays instructions cut each sheet of 12 x 12 down to 12 x 7  3/4.  then score with the short end at top of scoreboard and score at 1  3/4 and at 5  3/4.  rotate and have 12 " at top of cutting board and cut into 1  1/4 x 7  3/4 strips.  You will get 9.  From the leftover pieces of card stock cut the same size and scored strips.  Mountain fold all your strips.  



Above photo shows the process.  Strip on left is the size and scores.  Strip in center has the mountain folds.  2 strips above yellow egg shows that you glue the 2 together at the short folded areas.  Colored one above it shows how it should look when the short areas are glues leaving the longer areas above the other fold ready for ear forming.



With your bone folder you will be taking the straight piece just below the fold on the left one and curling it do the same to the other side and it should look like the piece on the right.  Now look closely to the piece on the right.  The very tip of the left hand strip has a very thin line of glue.  Attach that (right sides together) to the strip on the right.  It will kind of make it look like a heart.  See below.



Once dried tie a string around the card stock to bring the ears together. Accordion fold a napkin and slip it in the opening and then fiddle with the ears to open them up a bit.  I obviously need some prettier napkins and probably some prettier string but I wanted to get this project out ASAP since Easter is right around the corner.  LITERALLY! I hope this wasn't too confusing.  If it is you can always check out Maymay made it on YouTube.  I think the table settings are going to look adorable even if these are the only thing I get done this year.  My family always expects something cute on the table no matter how small and this just may be it for this year.  1 down....17 to go!

Til next time........................................................................

1 comment:

  1. Oh. my. goodness. Those napkin ring bunnies are just way too adorable, Susan!!!

    ReplyDelete