TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

G45 POP OUT CARD

My excitement over fancy folds seems pretty obvious right?  I have been searching both Pinterest and YouTube to find Fancy folds that I haven't done or at least haven't done in a long time.  Now that I make so many of my own embellies, even my old fancy folds are looking fresh with homemade embellies.

So over last summer I bought an 8x8 pad of G45 papers called: Wild and Free.    I never did open the pad to look the papers over (nor did I open the other 2 collections I bought).  I needed a Birthday card for my niece and she's a bit of a wild child (lol) who loves animals and this collection just suits her.  I decided to do a card similar to the Bee card I did earlier except instead of it having a double pop this one only has a single.  It's a simpler card and doesn't take as much paper but is still hefty in the thickness.  The directions can also be found on Sams YouTube channel just as the Bee card was.




I think now that I look at it I should have played around with the belly band more.  Make it more, not sure how to put it, enlarged?  The piece with the Born to be Wild ephemera on it looks small to me like it needed another larger layer behind it.  Thats why I add the sequins though they didn't thrill me.  But this one will do as is and maybe I'll be happier with the next one. 

Til next time.......................................................

1 comment:

  1. Susan, your cards always amaze me. Being one who never makes a fancy fold card, I must say when I grow up I want to be as creative as you!

    ReplyDelete