TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, March 25, 2024

Last minute Easter Table Decor

 I am always wondering why I wait until the very last minute to make my table look marvelous.  Then get disappointed when it doesn't look magazine worthy.  So here I go again.  One week until Easter and I want little decorations on my table.  First as you saw in the last post are the napkin rings.  Well guess what?  Do not wait until one week before Easter to get cake plates and napkins.  I hopped ( ok guess that's not really funny bunny) over to Joannes, Michaels and Hobby Lobby and failed at all 3.  I could either get plates or napkins but not both.  Or Both in different patterns which I did not want.  Then I stopped at this Antique Mall place we have that also has small business in it.  I was there the week before and saw a real cute table decoration I thought I could get.  Surely they'd have napkins and plates within all their Easter stuff.  Nope!  They did have the decoration though but only 1 and I wanted at least 5 so each separate family could take one home.  That's ok I can make them right?  After all I have a week.  LOL  Now I have 2 missions.  Napkins/plates and craft stuff for table scape.  

Well this was bombing fast. I gave up on the napkins/plates to focus on the craft and realized I had to pivot.  First there was no way I could eat 5 cans of soup fast enough for the craft so little buckets will replace those, second the buckets only came in 4 colors so to avoid having 2 of 1 color I pivoted to making only 4 for the table, third, there were no rusty flat bunnies to be found so cloth ones will have to do and  fourth, faux carrots were scarce in the size I needed so smaller have to do.  Got home and realized I still needed foam and moss but decided to search the garage for leftover foam insulation from a different project and cut that up and I had some of that colorful basket shredded paper that will replace the moss.  It'll work,  I'm sure.  Exhausted after all that planning I came home and took a nap.  LOL  After all "Tomorrow is another day" Or so Scarlet says hahahaha.

Lucky for me my husband went out to the grocery store and lo and behold he found napkins/plates that will work perfectly.  Good job hubby!

After gluing foam into the buckets I stuck shish kabob skewers into the bunnies and carrots to stick into the foam.  The tinier carrots at first just laid on top of the colored shredded paper but I was pretty sure they would just roll off when they tried to take them home so I used tooth picks to just sort of stick them into the shredded paper a bit better.  The front still looked a bit empty so I stamped an Easter greeting on some yellow cardstock and used the cut offs of the skewers to poke them into the front.  These are not exactly what I had wanted but as a last minute thing I think they will look pretty cute on the table and each of the 4 different family's will be able to take a little something home (besides food) lol.


They will definitely look cute on the table.  I'm also pretty sure the girls will all love their little take home gifts too.

Til next time.................................................

1 comment: