TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, December 27, 2018

BABY SAMPLER

Well did you survive Christmas??  I know I did.  It was absolutely wonderful.  Family gathered and I really enjoyed the grandkids running around and watching their excitement as they opened gifts.  I had thought I was finally able to put my "Creative Juices" to rest for at least a wee bit.   BUT......................
A friend of mine basically at the last minute sent me an invite Christmas Day Eve for a baby shower to be held on Saturday.  Yep in 4 days!!!  Although I don't mind getting gifts or gift cards for these events I always love to add something a little more personal and homemade.  Yikes but I only have 4 days!!
Well previously I had made a Jungle themed baby book for another friend back in the fall and I had alot of scraps from that book.  A great way to use alot of little scraps is creating a sample that can be hung on the wall of a nursery.  Lucky for me I had a Recollections (from Michael's) printers tray in the craft room.  TA DA!!!!!!  I had a plan.  The sex of the baby is not being announced so it had to be neutral.  Jungle is neutral right?  So here's what I came up with.
The little sign in the upper left corner didn't show up on camera but it says "Beware Sleep Deprived Parents".  The stickers I used were from everywhere...lol.  Some are Jolie's, some Recollection's and some Dollar Tree.  A few homemade like the banner by the giraffe, the word BABY and the silver stars.  The papers were mostly from Echo Park.   Now I just need to get it wrapped.  Oh and I still have scraps from the scraps so I think I may make her a set of Thank you cards too with the same papers.  Just a little added bonus.

Thanks for stopping in.

HAPPY CARDING







1 comment: