TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, December 14, 2018

CRAFT SHOW CHRISTMAS COPY

So right after Thanksgiving my husband and I went to a huge craft show at the county fair grounds.  I just love browsing through all the beautifully crafted items, some of which I would never attempt due to the complexity and my lack of patience lol.  One of the vendors had lots of wood Christmas items and the one that caught my eye was this barn board with decoupage trees on it.  Soooo cute.  But I wasn't really in the market for another Christmas decor item so I passed.  Until I got home and all I could do was think about this board.  Well....yep...I had to try and re-create it from memory.  I had a board from a previous project that I never completed and I thought I could just pain over it.  So I did.  The original board was black with some other colors added to make it look more like a night sky.  I gesso's over it in white and liked that it looked more like a greyish white.  I then hand cut out s few trees and got out the mod podge.  Laid them on and mod podged over the entire board.  But..........a slight pinkish hue started to show up.  YIKES!!!!  Maybe I could camouflage it with some clear Twinkle Glitter paint.  Uhhhhhh....no.  Made it pinker!  Oh well but now I'm kind of liking it.  Drum roll please.........................

I used a Tim Holtz die for the Merry Christmas.  This board is about 12" x 20".  The trees are cut out of 12x12 paper and are 12" tall not including the trunks.  I think I will do this again but with new boards.  Next year though....no time in my world for this year.

Til next time................
HAPPY CARDING!









No comments:

Post a Comment