TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, December 14, 2018

December Birthday card.

Let it Snow...Let it Snow...Let it Snow!!
I LOVE WINTER!!
But trying to get creative and make a December Birthday card has never been my thing.  I always resort back to frilly girly cards in pastels and shimmer paper.  Well I decided to be different this time.  Its winter...the birthday girl is one of the ladies that will be at our ladies Christmas party so lets do a winter card.  What says winter more than SNOWMEN??
So I had this adorable stamp that has no name on it.  I'm pretty sure I got it at Hobby Lobby like 8 years ago or so.  Here's what I came up with.  Though it looks like a fancy fold card it is not.

I love this Navy/ taupe color combo.  The card was meant to look a bit like an envelope and I mimicked the outside by pulling the same type of triangle inside too.  I think she is going to love it.  The card itself is 4.5 x 6 with layer after layer.  The snowman was lightly colored with colored pencils and some stickles (hard to see) was added to the swirls on the front.

Easy Peasy!

Til later...........
HAPPY CARDING!







1 comment:

  1. Susan, your card is so pretty - elegant! Nice job!

    I also really like the snowman prop! ;)

    ReplyDelete