TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Christmas Tags from 1 Pad of 6x6

I had enjoyed so much my little challenge of how many cards from a paper pack seen HERE that I decided to try it with tags.  As you know if you saw that post, I had also made tags along with the cards since I had alot of tiny pieces I just couldn't throw out.  Of course a regular 12 x 12 pack is a huge pack to make tags with so I opted for a 6x6 pad instead.  I figured it was more do-able.  lol

The pad I choose is by Carta Bella called "Snow Fun".  This pad has 24 double sided sheets.  I absolutely love working with double sided sheets.
Trying to squeeze in a craft period lately is a real challenge.  So pictures will be in smaller sets as it took me awhile to get this done.  Normally I would say this would only take about a weekend to complete but I did small amounts over a 6 day time frame. geezzzz...life has been busy!

Here's the first set of 4.
There were 2 sheets of each design and 2 of the sheets was a page scene.  Always a hard one for me to figure out because I don't want to cut it up but I think the 2 tags (on the right) I made with 1 of those sheets turned out pretty cute.  The other sheet I used had the stripes on one side and the skiers on the other.  These tags measure 3"x6".

On to the next set.  One thing that disappointed me with this pad was that there wasn't a cut apart sheet.  So I have been scurrying around the house looking for embellies that sort of match.  I did find a cut apart sheet from a different vendor but the info strip was already cut off so I cannot tell you what this sheet was from.  Thank goodness for snowflake punches and Christmas dies.  This entire set are also 3x6's that I just changed up the tops so everything didn't have the same exact shape.  I did these 10 in an afternoon over the weekend.  You can sure accomplish alot with no grandkids around.  lol

I haven't even finished half of the pack yet.  So before getting into the remaining 12 sheets I thought I'd make a few smaller ones to use up the scraps from the first 12 sheets.  So here's a mix of different size tags.


Looks like this post could go on and on and on and on.  So instead I will post a part 2 later on so you don't all get bored always looking at tags.  So far 19 and there are still scraps from the first 12 6x6 sheets.

So watch for Part 2

HAPPY CARDING!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Susan... looking at all your tags makes me smile. (Notice, I didn't say it makes me long for winter.) Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Jeanette I don't long for winter either lol. But I do love the Christmas theme mainly because we need so many cards and tags! heeheehee

      Delete
  2. Wow- your stamping sessions were very productive!!! It takes me forever to make a tag- love that you use a paper pack! Love the added embellishments you found about the house too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sensational papers on these awesome tags!! I am going to have to run fast to catch up with your holiday crafting, Susan!! I love these amazing tags!!

    ReplyDelete