TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, May 31, 2019

Stickers on Cards?

 Stickers on cards? Sure why not?  Not everyone has access to electronic machines like Cricut or manual die machines like Big Shots but you can still make some really beautiful, or cutesy cards and tags with simply card stock, designer paper and stickers.  
  
 I had read a post recently on Splitcoast Stamper where someone asked if she should throw out all her stickers since she no longer scrapbooks and has changed over to card making.  She stated she had already gotten rid of all her scrapbook supplies and tools.  What???? She got rid of tools????  Oh my!  I wish she had asked her question before she got rid of things.  Nearly all tools for scrapbooking can be used for card making.  I am a card maker, tag maker, mini album creator and all around paper crafter and I swear I have more tools than some of my "Scrapbook Only" friends.  I have a large craft room and sometimes I think I need a craft house.  lol

 Ok back to sticker situation.  I for one answered her question with a big NO!!!!  They can be used.  I have often used stickers that I vamp up.  Some of the Dollar tree stickers are awesome to use for a quick card or tag and you don't have to vamp those up at all.  They are already 3d, layered, glittered.  Perfect!  So after giving her my opinion I decided to challenge myself to come up with a set of cards or tags that have no diecuts, and no stamping.  Just super basic supplies.  Stickers, cardstock and designer paper.  So here we go.

  All cards are 4.25" x 5.5 when closed.  I decided to mix up the styles.  A basic card, a gate fold card and 2 other fancy fold cards.  
  
  The tags are all 2.75" x 4".  They are changed up only by the way I cut the tops of the tags.

I grabbed as few supplies as possible to keep things very simple.  Below is what I started with.

The Christmas stickers on the far left are just plain flat stickers.  The other 2 are 3D type stickers both bought from Dollar Tree.  I punched some circles from solid card stock in a 1.5" size and 1.25".  I also had some foam squares.

Here are 3 different tags using minimal supplies and stickers.
I found some little buttons and twine in the kids playroom so added those to the tags.  The blue tag on the right was too boring for me so I looked around and found a tiny roll of black and gold washi tape. 
Now lets move on to the cards.
These are definitely easy cards and altho I had just gone into my stash for the stickers, I know that if you plan better these can make real cute Christmas cards.  The folds make them more impressive.  If they were just basic cards they could be quite boring.  I for one would rather do more complex cards but when in a pinch I do some simpler ones too.
So re-think some of those stickers before you get rid of them.  I do think the best use for them is on tags but "In a Pinch" cards could work too.

Til next time
HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, you sure made some great cards - with stickers. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so wonderful, Susan. I am certainly going to look back through my sticker binder and try to create something beautiful like you have here!!

    ReplyDelete