TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, May 13, 2019

Fancy Double Fold Card

Time for another Fancy fold.  I sure do love doing these.  I can get carried away and make way more than I need.  This one is a double fold.  Look how pretty.
The one on the right was my sample card to get measurements right.  I think it still turned out ok so I will be using it as a graduation card.

First we start off with a piece of 10"x5.5" card stock.  I had found this awesome, super thick cardstock at Joanns.  Its had a pattern on one side and solid color on the other.  So there was a solid pink with reverse side being pink plaid and there was a solid green one with a green marble effect on the other.  I really should have bought more and looked to see if they had other colors available.  This stuff is super thick and makes a great sturdy card base.  So often I have seen people using super flimsy paper for there card bases but I always love the thick stuff.  Maybe because I'm hoping whoever gets my card will keep it forever. heehee

Anyway with the 10 x 5.5 and on the 10" side you would score at 4.25 and 8.5.  A small separate note size card is also made from a 6x4 1/8" piece of card stock.  I used the pink for both bases.  Here is a list of the piece sizes you will need to complete the card.



5 1/2"x 10" (Card Base)

Designer paper: 
4"x 5 1/4" (Front Cover, Floral Side)
1 1/4" x 5 1/4" Small Flap Focal (Use Striped Side)
2 7/8” x 4” (Notecard)

Ivory Cardstock/shimmer paper
(2) at 3 3/4" x 5" (Inside Mats)
4 1/8" x 5 3/8" (Front Cover Mat)
1 3/8"x 5 3/8" (Small Flap Mat)
6” x 4 1/8” (Notecard base) 

1 cut apart card 3x5 for front of notecard

Ribbon 2 pieces cut at:

12”   &  10”   


On the main base you would adhere the Matt and DSP on the front, corner punch the inside mats and adhere, and on the little flap on far right you would mat and DSP the side that will show when you close up the card.  You small note card will open opposite of a normal card so the open side will be on the left. Put all your DSP's on the note card except for front to which you will first attach a 10" piece of ribbon on the left side of the front.  Then attach your DSP over the ribbon.  The 12" piece of ribbon will go on top of the DSP of the small 1.5" flap with ribbon laying to the right so that it will eventually wrap around back.  Center Notecard on the 1.5" flap and tie ribbon to close.  Oh I hope this makes sense.  This this too cute to not make and really very very easy.  Here's the sample card as you start to open it.
And fully opened:

Well that's it for now.
Til next time

HAPPY CARDING!

3 comments:

  1. Susan, you always WOW me with your fancy folds. This one is quite clever and your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so admire you and your amazing folds, Susan!! My friends are lucky to get a card that has a front and a message inside!! I am such a slacker compared to you!!! Every card you send is always something unique and special!!

    ReplyDelete