TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Gnome for Christmas

 Yes I'll be "Gnome For Christmas"

I love Gnomes and so do some of my dear friends.  Some of my other friends also gifted me some Papers from Photo Play The New Norm which got me thinking..... Why not combine the 2 of them with Christmas and make a very unusual Christmas card.  We all need something to smile at right now and I thought this might put a grin on a few friends faces. 

I own a few Gnome stamps and dies and I'll admit I picked the one easiest to color.  I haven't much time this year and of course I'm really hoping these cards won't be needed next year so no time to waste with fussy coloring.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out what to write on the inside.  Then in the middle of the night (of course) I thought of the first 2 lines.  Jumped out of bed and jotted it down in the bathroom with eyeliner before I forgot.  I swear when I was done I went to the kitchen grabbed a pen and paper and had seriously already forgotten what I had just wrote.  Late night writting does not stick in my head.  About an hour or so later I came up with more, 20 minutes later a bit more and 2 hours later even more.  By morning it was a bit confusing but I was at least able to rearrange and it at least made a bit of sense.  Here's the first finished card.  

Drum roll please......................................




I Then decided to make a few Slimline cards as well as a couple more regular ones.  But no time to make as many as I wanted to.  All of them had the dame saying on the insides.



As much as I loved making these I really hope I won't need to repeat them next year.


Til next time

HAPPY CARDING AND

M E R R Y   C H R I S T M A S ! ! ! !









1 comment:

  1. The perfect 2020 holiday cards, Susan! These are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete