TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, December 11, 2020

No Tag Time

 This year has been crazy.  Well I'm sure that's no news to you.  In our own family there have been health issues (no covid thank goodness) that had kept me away from my craft room except when absolutely necessary.  Things had finally quieted down and I was rushing to get a handful of cards made (actually had to grab some of the leftovers from previous years).  Then there were Christmas gifts for the grandkids.  Yikes!!!  Not wanting to go into stores I did nearly everything on line.  So hard for me since I'm a touchy feelie kind of person.  I had alot of disappointments in purchaces when they arrived because they were not exactly what I thought they were.  Now tags...Ey Yi Yi.

I Cut up some white cardstock 2.75 x 4.25 and then hit the scrap bin.  Corner rounded the tops with ticket punch or scallop punch, layered a 2.5 x 4 piece of scrap added either a circle or square with a sticker of some sort on it and stamped to and from on the back.  DONE!!!  I just don't have time this year.  I feel bad since normally my tags are a bit fancy but not this time.  These have to do.  I got 32 whipped out in an evening.  


I'm now working on tags for the grand kids gifts ages 4-12 and then the grand nieces and nephews ages 5-11.  Doing the simple route again.  Mainly because I really need to get these gifts wrapped!  Times a tickin'!  lol

My husband of course wanted to know why I don't just use those store bought peel and sticks............come on!!!!!  I'm a card maker!!!!!  Papercrafter!!!!  I got stuff!!!!  I should use it right?????


Til next time

HAPPY CARDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! That is a lot of cute tags. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Thank you but you know I can do way better... lol

      Delete
  2. You are right, Susan, we card-makers have got stuff, and it is a sin not to use it!! What a fun array of holiday tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never realized how quickly I can crank these puppies out. hahaha. Maybe simple is better....and wee ones don't really care right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tags are always an inspiration to me- and not as easy as you find them to be, but wonderfully done! I need to pull out DP and 'Just do it'!!!

    ReplyDelete