TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Cheep Cheep for Cheap Cheap

Can I squeeze in one more Easter post??  Sure why not.  These are adorable little treat holders that I plan to use as place setting at my Easter dinner.  I earlier made a real cute make and take at the grand opening of a new LSS a few towns away.  I absolutely loved it but it was made with a die that happened to have been a Stampin Up die that also happened to be discontinued.  And where can you find discontinued dies you ask???  EBay of course!  Unfortunately there were only 2 listed at the time one for $48.95 and the other $79.  OK I am CHEAP!  There is no way I would pay that much for any die.  So I searched around and found a cute little bunny that I decided to turn into a Chick.  Get it Cheep Cheep???  This little guy is little and only holds 1 Hersey Kiss or 3 M&M's. heeheehee
Aren't they adorable?  And Oh so easy.
Start with a 5"x 2.5" piece of yellow card stock.  Score in half.  Then on the short side make a little tick mark on both sides and score from the tick line to the centerfold line on both sides as shown below.

Fold on the score lines and bring the points together.  Use a hole punch to punch a hole through all 4 layers and tie a ribbon through the hole.  Cut a 2" circle in half and glue on to sides.  A small orange 3/4" square folded diagonally forms the beak.  A sharpie was used for the eyes.  Done!  You can get 6 of these gems from one 8.5" x 11" sheet of card stock.

Enjoy making these...they are addictive.

Til next time
HAPPY CARDING!

No comments:

Post a Comment