TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Easter treat boxes for table scape

Is spring suppose to be here?  Is it suppose to be sunny and warm yet??  Does it seriously still snow in April??  YES!!  Sunday we got hit with a blizzard!  *" of the heavy, wet, white stuff fell all around us.  We had some white out conditions so there was no sense in leaving the house.  I decided it was a good day to make some pretty little decorations for my Easter Dinner table since I will be hosting the dinner for family. 
This is a picture half way through the storm.  We went from daffodils starting to poke up to a ground full of 8" of snow in 9 hours.  And now today 2 days later we are at 72 degrees and very sunny and not a trace of snow remains.  Crazy but I love living here where the seasons are always surprising you.
OK so back to crafting.  
Those little chick treat boxes were what came to mind to decorate all the plates on the table but I didn't want all chicks so I added some bunnies as well.  Then I decided to throw in a few decoupage eggs too.  Can't wait to scatter these all over the table Sunday.
I think I might make a few more eggs. I'm pretty sure I have some butterfly napkins I can use.   I mean really........you can never have too many eggs right?  lol  Did I tell you how easy peasy these are?  Napkins are 2 ply..remove the back solid piece, tear off pieces and use decoupage on craft eggs bought at Walmart.  After the egg is totally covered and dry add a ribbon and brush on some glitter Mod Podge.  Done and Oh so pretty.  Plus they don't break when little ones swipe them off the table!  lol

Til next time
HAPPY CARDING!

4 comments:

  1. That snow is unbelievable!! It is April, for goodness sake!!

    Your Easter treats are a true delight, Susan!! How festive your house much look for your Easter celebration!! You are the best Ama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope my spot on the couch is ready because Im heading up!! Snow!! Wow, that is late in the year and I'm sure you are all quite done. But those Easter treat boxes are to die for - so much fun and festivity! Great job on these cuties!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, these little critter treats are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- we missed this 'dusting' of snow from Mother Nature!!! She is a little mixed up this year!!!
    Oh your table decorations are so adorable!!! The kids and family will love these- and the eggs are really fun as well!!! Bet your table looked amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete