TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, April 13, 2019

Little Harry Potter note pad

Hello Potter friends!  Ok I confess I have never read nor have I seen 1 single thing about Harry Potter.  My daughter in law loved all the books and movies as did my sister and now my granddaughter.  With my granddaughters birthday quickly arriving I had decided to make her a special Harry Potter Mini Album which I will be sharing later.  I'm using the Wizard World paper pack from Color Play and have been making nearly all the embellishments to go inside the album.  One of the items is a little note book that she can jot little notations about the Potter series.  
Most paper packs have a front sheet that shows what is included in the package and I have decided to take advantage of the part that shows all the different papers in the pack.  I'm using that as the cover for my little book.  First step is to make the main pages as below.
 Next I made some writing sheets to go on top of each page.. These are not very big.  I cut 2 sheets of paper 2 x 7 inch's and folded them in half.  With a thin line of glue I glued them together.

 The book jacket was then made by cutting that front sheet showing all the different papers in the pack into a piece 4.5 x 6.25 inch's and scored as shown to form the book cover.
 The previously made pages were added with a piece of ribbon glued on the inside of the cover.  The writing sheets were then added to each page.
 Finally close it up and tie it shut.  This little book will fit into one of the pockets in the album.
This Harry Potter thing has been a big challenge for me since I have no idea of what it is all about except it involves wizardry.  Can't wait to share the completed book with you.

Til then 
HAPPY CARDING!

1 comment:

  1. Hello from another clueless Potter person. I, too, know nothing about it. But I do know that your little booklet is looking great and will be even better when it's finished, Susan. How fun!

    ReplyDelete