TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Encouragement Challenge Accepted

So how are all of you with challenges????  I stink at them!!  Seriously, I am never on time or I forget or I don't read all directions or I do read them and still screw it up.  That is what has happened with this one.

A friend had asked if a few of us could do the Splitcoaststamper Tea Party Challenge.  So I went over to the site and read the story.  Ended up it was for her daughter who was going through a rough time.  The challenge was an encouragement card where you got to choose whether you were Team Dogs or Team Cats.  Then for example if you were Team Dog your card must have elements that began with the Letters D (dog) O (orange) G (green or grass) S (sentiment).  Easy Peasy right???  Yeah......I screwed it up.

First of all I am Team Dogs.  Which kind of excited me because recently I got a set of doggie stamps and papers in my magazine as a freebie and I hadn't used it yet.  So I picked the pup I wanted to use and the dog house stamp, grabbed a few dies and chose the paper I received that I liked the best and went to work.  I'm not a great colorer with markers so I used color pencils instead.  I worked and worked and worked.  Finally finished up with a little bit of encouragement inside.  Yay for me!    Well not really.
Lets see..........D.........Dog, Die cuts and Dog house.          O..........ummmm ok no O.    G.......Green, Grass, & Gray.       S................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm  no S.  Yep I failed twice!!!  Ok so what.  Its still an ok card, I just can't enter it in the challenge but....I can mail it to her daughter.  So that's what I'm going to do. She still needs the encouraging words and probably wouldn't care that I didn't follow directions. lol

Off to the mailbox.

Til Next Time.............
HAPPY CARDING!





1 comment:

  1. I would call those skeleton leaves and enter it in the challenge, Susan! Go Team DOGS! What a great card for Chrissy, Susan.

    ReplyDelete