TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, May 29, 2020

Wine Bottle Tags

Usually when I am invited to someone's house I bring them my favorite bottle of wine.  Its called Summer in a Bottle. 

I never have those little bottle gift bags and although I know I could make one I never think of it.  But now with my new found love of a box of tags, I had decided to make a few Wine Bottle Tags so I can slip one over the bottle before giving it to my hostess.  Makes it seem more like a gift instead of a "Here's a bottle of wine".

While make some of these for my sisters tag box I had decided that the size I liked was 2.75"x10.5".  The base of the tag is then scored at 2.75.  I cut designed papers to fit the top portion and the lower portion and then using nesting dies cut the holes in the top pieces.  Base has smaller hole and layer piece is 1 size larger.  The decorating part is solely up to you.  Do alittle...do alot.  It doesn't matter.  I love that nothing is set in stone.  Here are the 8 I have made for my new box of tags.
In this last picture the tag on the left was made using all those circles I had cut out of the bases and the designer paper.  I mean they had to have a use right?  LOL

I sure hope I'm inspiring you to use up what you have and make some tags.  Find or make a box and put them where they are accessible.  Curious of the box size?  Just think sewing cabinet size.  My homemade drawers are 4.75"x13".  But any size will do. 

Til next time.................................
HAPPY CARDING!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are so creative, Susan! These look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this batch, too, Susan! Love that your wine bottles don't have to go out naked!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I am in love with your line of wine bottle tags! Or, as you wish tags in case they are not for wine bottles...LOL Awesome!

    ReplyDelete