TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, May 23, 2020

The Gift of TAG

Well in these ever changing time we are all struggling as to how to go on and make our lives as "Normal" as possible.  Children are having parties cancelled due to the distance rules currently in place and gifts are hard to shop for.  As a crafter those tasks are a little bit easier for me.  I have still been able to give smaller, though much more meaningful gifts, to some children for their birthdays.  I have made craft activity boxes for some.   Art journals for others.  Card making kits and Scrapbook page kits.  My ideas have kept me quite busy.  I saw a cute idea on line where someone made alot of tags, placed them in a box and that was the gift.  Hmmmmm....nice idea!  So now it's gift ideas for adults.  Ok mainly ladies lol.  Right now most of the idea is in the process and draw out stage.  Here's the plan.  With the help of my husband a crate is going to be made and stained and then filled with a variety of gift tags.  Christmas, Birthday, Anniversary, Kids, Baby, Thank You, Just Because...etc.  In the future I will post the completed box/crate but in the meantime I wanted to share a few tags.

What I like best about tags is the ability to use up all your scraps and your not committed to making an entire set of one type of theme.  I tend to get bored if I had to make 25+ different Christmas tags in one sitting but if in 1 sitting I made 25+ of a variety...well then my creative juices start flowing.  Her are some of the "Everyday General tags".  They are non specific so they can be used for Birthdays, Anniversary, Thank you's what ever.  I so far have 25 of these made.

I have not attached any of the ribbons yet.  I'll probably do that all at once while watching tv some evening.

Time to get some masculine ones made so check in later.

Til next time.................................
HAPPY CARDING

2 comments:

  1. I often give family members several gifts as one time, but don't want to do but one card! A tag for the rest of the gifts would be the perfect solution, Susan!! And what a sensational way to use up left over pages in my 6 x 6 pads!! You always inspire me, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete