TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Simple Get Well

Greetings from Shelter.  LOL  I don't know about you but all my days seem to be melding together.  The other day I answered the phone with "Happy Friday!"  My daughter in law on the other end was like "What????  Friday????  OMG are you sure???"  Oops it was Wednesday.  She wasn't thrilled when we figured it out since that meant 2 more days of home schooling. 

So today I'm sharing a super simple get well card.  A friends daughter went in for tonsil removal.  Previously another one of her daughters went in for the same thing and had a super hard recovery so all were hoping this one would be easier.  So far so good although today is the first day as they were removed this morning.  For a little cheer I thought I'd send her a card.  I liked how it turned out but I'm second guessing myself that it is too adult looking for a 14 yr old.  Oh well.
In order to keep the card flatish I embossed the cream card stock and added punched flowers on top of the pictured flowers.  I also added some stickles and liquid pearls instead of my usual rhinestone blings.  I die cut the green sprigs above and below the wreath and added some green sprigs to the wreath as well.  Basically a flat card that will go through the mail with no problem.  

We are all hoping for a speedy recovery.

Til Next Time.......................
HAPPY CARDING






3 comments:

  1. I know this beautiful card will bring her some cheer, Susan! It's hard being in the hospital now with no visitors (but then again, you know all about that from experience)! I hope her recovery is swift and complete!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, your card is so pretty! I'm sure your friend's daughter will love receiving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! Love your wreath and done in very pretty colors. You are so very thoughtful! Here's a prayer her recovery goes smoothly too.

    ReplyDelete