TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Gift of Tags part 3

The next set of tags are now done.  I must say this is quite an assortment when all put together.  I have sizes from 1.5"x2.5" all the way to 3.5"x5.5".  Everyday tags, masculine tags, holiday tags, birthday and thank you tags.  Here's the latest assortment ...Wine Bottle tags  You can see the previous ones in the last 2 posts.

The 2 end ones are 3.5"x10.5" and the center ones are 2.75"x10.5"  These were alot of fun to use up little scraps and my new Spellbinder dies of wine glasses and bottles was totally awesome.
Well this project is turning out nearly as I expected.  The hardest part was finding knobs for the crates.  Do they need it?  Not really but it was in the original thought.  The idea was to have something that would resemble an old drawer from a sewing cabinet. Fill it with tags and place it on a desk top for easy access when a tag is needed.  I have totally lost track of the number of tags I have in this drawer but it is well over 40.
I have plans to give this one to my sister as a "Just Because" gift.  She lives in an area where there is not a Hallmark nearby.  In fact to do any real shopping she has to drive over 20 miles and that's just so she can go to a Walmart.  For way bigger brand name stores she has a 1.5 hour drive.  So I thought having at least a box of tags available she can just grab and go.  Plus they are so versatile.  Put it on a present, tie it to a bottle of wine or even placed on a tray of cookies.  Can't wait to give this to her.

Of course I can't make just one of anything so I had my darling husband make me a second drawer for my own tags.  I have not yet filled it up but will soon.
And here are both side by side.
For my own I plan to have it out on display probably in my foyer.  That way whenever anyone needs a last minute card they can grab a tag instead.  I will always have it filled with a wide assortment of tags.

Speaking of tags...I think it's time to whip up some wine bottle tags for my own box.

Til next time..........................
HAPPY CARDING





3 comments:

  1. I love those sensational wine bottle tags, Susan!! What a great way to dress up a quick gift of wine!! And those drawers of tags! Now that is a genius gift!! Who wouldn't love having this on hand to pull out a fabulous tag to go with any gift!! You are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love your tags and the beautiful way you have them displayed! I actually have two antique sewing drawers (I've had them for years) as decorative and useful items in my home. I didn't know I had such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wine bottle tags....maybe other bottle...who knows! LOL Awesome ad I so love your tags!!!

    ReplyDelete