TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, June 13, 2020

DOLLAR STORE GLUE

As promised I went out and bought some of the newer Dollar store Glue.  I went today hoping to find the older ones still on the shelf but they were all out at this particular Dollar Tree Store so I went ahead and bought their new and improved ones. 

I was happy to see that although the web site said these were .09 oz I had found the ones in the store were actually 1.2 oz just like the older ones.  But still I only bought 4.

 Well let me tell you I am glad and sad.  Glad that I only bought 4 of these new ones and sad that they totally changed the formula.  This time the new packaged ones are a lot runnier.  It is also stringy.  As you squeeze onto the paper or embellishment and then try to pull away it has a slimy stringiness to it.  Also with it being runnier it warps the paper a lot more than then old stuff which was thicker.  As for adhering embellishments????  Well in the past the older stuff grabbed quickly and held real well.  You were able to use it to put mesh on paper and it held right away.  This time with the new stuff I had to hold things in place for some time before it held.  Then as for sequins after the glue dried I was able to pop them off without a lot of force which is troublesome for me.  It also barely held the mesh I tried putting on one of the tags so I re-glued it with tacky glue.

So my review????  Don't bother with this one.  They did have other off brand craft glue that kind of looked like the clear tacky glue from Aleenes but the short little bottles were only half full.  They also sold small bottles of original Aleenes Tacky glue in a 3oz size bottle which I think is a good deal. I bought 2!  lol

Here are the tags I made using the newer Liquid adhesive.  I can add these tags to my little crate for my friend after I make sure all embellies stick lol.

Well there you have it.  My opinion.  Of course everyone is different and I will admit that I love using the bottles that the glue comes in.  It fits perfectly in my hand and is easy to squeeze.  But with less than desirable glue inside I would pass on these unless you find the older bottles.  That look like this.

I know I will be saving some of my bottles to re-fill with some tacky glue for easier squeezing.  If you  have a favorite inexpensive glue that you just love, I would love to know about it.  Drop me a comment.

Til next time....................
HAPPY CARDING





1 comment:

  1. Love your beautiful tags! I'll check my store for the older bottles!!

    ReplyDelete