TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Stand up Flower Pot card

I have been spending alot of time away from home with not much to do besides read my emails, browse Pinterest, and check out Facebook.  So I was really intrigued by an email I got from a blogger I follow mixedupcraft.  She posted a tutorial on a flower pot card that was just too cute for words.  So when I was able to check in at home for 2 days I decided to spend the evening making this card following her tutorial.  I guess she originally did this card on Facebook Live, which I missed but lucky for me she also posted it on her blog.  Seen Here 

Now I did not have the same embossing folder she had.  Which by the way I now want to try and find it because its so darn cute.  So I used this one.  Not sure what it is called but it is from Stampin Up.

  I also did not have the same flower stamps or dies but I did have these.

Of course I have no idea who makes this as I have this bad habit of throwing out the packaging after I open it.

So I cut, embossed, stamped, cut and colored (with Tombows) and started putting it together.  These are the pieces I thought I would need.
Funny I was liking my larger bouquets and then when I went to color the single flowers realized I had grabbed the wrong yellow.  I'm hoping it won't be noticed when the card is all put together.

By the way the chip clips are a staple in my bag.  I use them to hold things together until glue dries all the time.  In the above pic they were holding the front and the back onto the accordion side pieces to dry.  Ribbon on pot front must be adhered before attaching it to the accordion.

So are you ready for my reveal?  Looks similar but with different products.  Here we go.....

It stands all by it's self because of the accordion pieces on the sides which makes it a perfect display card for a mantle or desk.  I love it and can't wait to make another.

Give this a try.  Not difficult...not too time consuming but a big impact!  Sams video is easy to follow.

Til next time.............................
HAPPY CARDING!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Susan... I'm sure glad you had two days at home so you could create this beauty!!! WOW! It's a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for 2 days at home first off! Wow- how very pretty- I will hop over to the original, but this is just awesome Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! I've made this flower pot once in the past - and forgot about it until now so thank you , Susan! Yours is smashing! (yeah, I probably shouldnt' use that word in the same sentence as a terra cotta pot, LOL!) Glad you are home! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous, Susan! I love this amazing card with its beautiful blossoms and delicate butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete