TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Wine Tags

Tags Tags Tags!!!  What a great way to use up scraps or to make new scraps.  I am obsessed with Tags.  Big, little and at the moment Bottle Tags.  In particular "Wine Tags".  So often I find myself gifting a bottle of wine.  It never fails that I have no where in the house one single wine gift bag so usually I just grab the bottle and head out the door.  Not very special is it?  I always feel like it was someone's after thought as they ran out the door.  "Oh wait!!!!  Grab a bottle of wine".  Although the wine gift bags are very nice...bags take up alot of room and if you decide to make one as your running out the house you will find yourself aggravated as you search for appropriate paper.  Not to mention that your glue or tape runner won't be exactly where you thought it was and then the trimmer blade is dull so your cut is frizzy and now your late!  "Been there Done that" right?  LOL

So Tags..............Simple enough to store in your new found crate (wink wink) and you can whip up a bunch at a time with limited supplies and they are ready to slip on to a bottle of wine for the perfect presentation.  Actually you can make these for other bottles too if your not into wine.  (What????? LOL).

These are for the little wine crate I got at the winery. HERE  
I have a friend who has a birthday coming up and I thought this would be a cute little extra gift.  She loves giving others bottles of wine so they make the perfect tags for this crate.

While thinking on how to embellish this set I remembered I had a bag of wine corks from the pumpkin project I did. Seen Here  I had decided that I would cut these in half to use on the tags.  Perfect!  They cut super easy too.  I used a bread knife but I bet any serrated knife would do.  I used my favorite wet Glue to glue them on the tags.  What (say you) is the favorite wet glue?  LOL you will never believe it but it is the glue from the Dollar Tree.  I have mentioned this before on my blog and I'm still a fan.  
This one is also 1.2 oz and the new is .09 oz.  So they are not very big but I love the original.
Now I cannot find this on their web site anymore which is where I use to order in bulk but every so often they have some still in stock at their stores and I snatch it up.  The new replacement one they are currently selling is by Crafters Square (same manufacture but different look and size) and I have not tried it to compare but I will very soon to see if it holds up to my standards.  Which by the way is pretty high.  You can see the new one HERE . 

Goodness got off track again.  LOL  Back to the tags.  These measure 2 3/4 x 6 3/4 scored at 2 1/4.  They are a bit smaller than the first ones I did but the crate is little and the longer tags just looked too bulky in there.  I obviously need to add more tags to this box but this is the start.  There will also be some regular gift tags too just like my sewing drawer tag box.  So stay tune.

Til next time............................
HAPPY CARDING

2 comments:

  1. Squirrel! (giggling) I love how you distracted yourself by chasing the squirrel, umm.. I mean glue topic. Fun! Speaking of which, your tags are fun, too! You're so creative, Susan! I learn so much from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wine corks look awesome on your wine bottle tags!! What a great way to dress them up!

    ReplyDelete