TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Not A Card At All

So My Mojo for cards has not been the greatest lately so I decided to change up my crafting just for a moment.
 With people having to wear masks, well at least they are told to not everyone abides, I thought I'd whips some up.  Oh my the different sizes all over the internet.  Trying to find the right size to make is a challenge in it's self.  That is why when you see mine you will notice that they are all different in size.  A little too long...a little too wide...Oy Vay!  Its a good thing my family comes in all sorts of sizes.  I used my self as the normal size.  Ha...normal is not how my family would describe me...so the ones that were too long I put in a pile for my eldest son.  Now to figure out the kids.  Grandkids that is.  When they are totally different sizes it's a chore.  So I just kept making masks tweaking 1/2" here and 1/2" there or even an 1" here and 1" there.  So now I have 17 masks and not 1 is the exact same size lol.  Some did end up the same length but none the same width since I just couldn't be consistent with my pleats.  See a "Normal" person would use little tic marks and measure but noooo.........not me!  I wing everything!  hahahaha
So here's all 17 odd sized masks.

Actually kind of funny when I look at them.  Thank goodness I don't sell my stuff.  I don't know if you can tell but I went from 3 pleats down to 2 pleats.  Four of the firework masks have 3 pleats and then I said forget this nonsense 2 would be easier....nope they weren't.  A pleat is a pleat no matter how many you have and I just could not force myself to do it correctly and measure.
So I'm quitting before I get so frustrated that I throw my machine out the door....lol  Yep!  I guess another thing a "Normal" person would not do.  heeheehee  I divvy up the masks into piles where they are close to size.  So now with five piles I have masks for everyone.
Maybe I should have made some Halloween ones!!!!!  Or Christmas....will we still need masks at Christmas?  Oh boy I hope not.  LOL

Til next time!








2 comments:

  1. These look awesome, Susan!! I love all these bright bold patterns which would make choosing and wear one fun! Looks like you have got the whole family "covered"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, your masks are certainly not boring. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete