TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, May 10, 2021

ALL OCCAISION BRIDGE CARDS

 Like many of us I just like to have various cards laying around to ship out when I need one.  I am notorious for being late on a birthday or a thank you or sometimes at the last minute I think hmmmmm I should send so and so a "HI" card.  But then never do because I don't have one cute enough already done and ready to go.  So I decided to whip up a few to keep on hand just for those moments.  So a really cute and simple one to do is a bridge card.  It sticks to my love of "Fancy Folds" and they are pretty simple to make.  This one is completed.


I used mainly scraps for these cards and some Dollar aatree sticker packs.  So heres what you'll need to do to make these simple fun folds.

Solid card stock for base: 4 1/4 x 8" score at 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 5 1/2" and  

6 3/4"

1 piece same cardstock for bridge 1 1/4" x 5 1/2"

4 dsp 1" x 4" I used doubled sided so I could switch the patterns

1 dsp 2 7/8" x 4"

1 dsp 1" x 5 1/4"

Then whatever embellies you would like to use.  As you can see I use what ever I have and I change them all up.  These aren't all done but you get the idea.  


These 3 I made with pockets and tags inside unlike the first one where I just stamped a sentiment and some flowers on some white paper.  My plan is to embellish these to have on hand but save the stamping until the card is needed so I can stamp for the occasion.  Stamping a bridge card that is already made is hard to do so that is why I chose the tag option.  Just pull it out stamp it up and slip it back in.  This is just one of my little tips.  Hope you like the card.  
Now I think I'm off do do some Tags.  My friend Lynn inspired me by saying she was making some over the weekend.  She will never believe the idea I've got so stay tune!


Till next time

HAPPY CARDING

2 comments:

  1. Susan, this is such a pretty and unique fold - and your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Susan!! I love all these beautiful designs just waiting to be completed with the perfect tag for your friends and family!

    ReplyDelete