TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, May 23, 2021

RECYCLE WATER BOTTLE TAGS

 Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.......WATER!!!!!  I love my bottled water.  I have a favorite water called LIFE WATER.  They have cute labels of are on each bottle and have this sippy spout on them.  I don't know what it is about a sippy spout but I'm obsessed with them.  The water is $1.00 per bottle and I drink ALOT of water so usually I buys 3-4 at a time then refill them with water from our filtered crock at home.  I know I know your not suppose to re-use the disposable water bottles but I wash and rinse and refill anyway and then replace every 2 weeks with new ones.  Any way I was looking at the bottle the other day and thought....hmmmmm....these labels are really really cute.  I wonder if I can peel them off????

Yep I can!!  Yay, now what can I do with them?  Why not make simple tags?  These will be generic, not fancy and no need to embellish because you don't want to take away from the beauty of the art work.  They're also an "All Occasion" tag so I won't mind making alot of these.




When I would cut out the tag I tried to cut it with the name of the artist still visible as you can see in the last picture.  Then just simple embellish the tag.  


Ok time for me to fess up.....I lost the original sample labels I was going to use to make the tags.  Did an impromptu clean up of the dining table and now I can't find those sheets. So I ripped the labels off of 2 new bottles and started over.  Geeze see what happens when you clean up your crafting mess!  lol

So...............First one I fussy cut the animal head then realized I cut off the ears.  Ugh. I framed out the artist name and put it on a little tag because on the label it was in a "sea of white".  On the second label the artist name was just Lil in the bottom right corner.  Though the label is sideways I didn't think that made much of a difference.  I had decided to run it through an embossing folder to see how it would look and liked how it turned out.  On both I used the word LIFE from the bottle label.  I felt it was generic enough to use as an embellie.

Cool idea right?  Of course now my water bottles are all plain.  LOL Guess I need to go buy new ones.  I love using one thing for another.  I did something similar a few years ago with beer bottle labels for guy tags and Halloween tags.  There are some pretty funky beer labels out there and if you know someone who enjoys craft beers you could have an endless supply of labels and bottle caps for tags.  Have fun!  I do have to add that these tags are inspired by my friend Lynn who was making tags a couple weekends ago for her church and got me thinking.  She is going to get a kick out of my recycle tags.  I don't know why more people aren't obsessed with tags.  You can use up all your scraps, load them up with embellishments, make them all different sizes, do not have to worry about postage because you don't mail them! Oh and if they are on your Christmas gifts, the tags can be put on the receivers tree as an ornament too!  DOUBLE DUTY GALS!!!!  Its like a perfect way to be super creative in the papercrafting world.

Till next time.........................

HAPPY CARDING

2 comments:

  1. Well, look at you and all of that creativity! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fabulous label artwork, Susan!! And the sensational tags you have created with it!!

    ReplyDelete