TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, May 9, 2021

Double Z Fold Mini Slimline Card

 Hello!! I have the Graphic 45 bug!  They have there new line coming out and I am trying so hard not to want it all.  Never works out for me though because it is my favorite paper.  But I will admit I hoard it!  I buy it and just look at it.  I don't want to cut into it.  If I do then the sheet will be ruined and eventually gone!  Oh no the horror!!!  I will have to buy more!!  Ughhhhh......such a rough life right?

Well awhile ago someone on the Graphic 45 Facebook page named Karen Williams shared a card made with G 45 done in a double z fold and I thought ok ok I'll use some paper. Truth be told now I'm hoarding the card!  LOL  I'm not sure but I think hers was a regular sized card and I turned mine into a slimline card.

Have I mentioned that I love this line of paper? lol This is the Mini Slimline size.  All directions are in inches.
Here's what you need: 
Base cardstock 9x3 scored 1.5 and 3
       cardstock 6 x 1.25 scored 1 and 3
DSP (1) 5 7/8 x 2 7/8
      (2) 1 3/8 x 2 7/8
      (1) 3 1/2 x 2 3/8 and top layer 3 1/4 x 2 1/8 this is an approximate depending on the ephemera you decide to use.  Its ok if it's a bit bigger or a bit smaller.
      (1) 1 x 4 1/4  scored at 2 7/8
      (1) 2 7/8 x 3/4 optional

Now glue time.  This goes together pretty quick.  My original card I made from Graphic 45 Love notes collection but this one is cut from another favorite paper line of mine and that is Authentique.  They have such pretty papers and I love their 6x6mpads for my tags.  They also have these collection packs similar to G45 where you get a few sheets of 12x12 doublesided papers the Ephemera are usually on one of the sheets and there is usually a sticker sheet.  this collection that I'm using today is called DAME.
Now it's just time to fold and glue.  I glue all the layer on the pieces before I assemble the card together.  I find it easier that way and then I lay the pieces on top of one another to decide where they should all be put together.  That way ther is no mistake in the placement of the smaller z fold not being in the right place for the card to fold right.


Now that I've decided where to glue my pieces, I secure them and start my embellishing.  Usually my most fun part.  I do try to keep embellies more simple for cards that I will be mailing compared to cards I hand deliver.  Let me tell you I can sure get carried away with embellishments especially when it comes to Graphic 45. LOL  But this card will be a mailed one so it's one to keep simple. This will fit in those regular security envelopes you can get from the Dollar Tree so envelopes are easy to find.

Well that's it for now.  Hope you enjoyed this Slimline card.  I'll be having more Slimlines to come.  Funny I have been making this size card for years and NOW they have a name.

HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, you've done it again! Another awesome fun fold card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun fold to show off your gorgeous Graphic 45 papers, Susan!! Wish I had those music papers when I was struggling with a musical card earlier this week!

    Thanks for the dimensions on this design!! I will be giving this a try for sure!!

    ReplyDelete