TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, May 20, 2021

HAPPY MAIL THANK YOU

 Do you ever end up with odd color 12x12 sheets of inexpensive cardstock?  I know I do.  The grandkids will have some sort of project that requires 1 sheet of yellow, 1 blue and 1 orange or something like that and I find at times it is less expensive to buy one of those small packs that Michaels has usually on sale that has maybe 5 different colors in it and 2 or 3 of each color.  Problem with that is there are always sheets that get buried away because no one needs them nor wants to use that color.  I myself usually don't use them because I can be a quality snob at times.  Well I finally decided these sheets need to be used and some of the easiest fancy fold cards are ideal for this weight of cardstock.

I wanted to have various Thank you cards available to mail out as Happy Mail Thank You's.  I belong to a card group where we share cards with each other and die cuts or stamp images on a whim and it's nice to send a thank you back in return.  I had found 3 sheets of this bright (almost neon) melon color 12x12 cardstock in my craft room and decided this would be a start to the:  

"Mini Slimline Screen Card"



You can get 2 cards from 1 sheet of 12x12.  Cut the paper 6 x 12.  Score at 3, 6, and 9.  Decide on a punch to use in each section to form the legs.  I used a little label punch which I centered in the bottom middle of each panel and punched.  I used on this particular card a Martha Stewart border punch across the top.  I chose to not add multiple layers to the cards because die cuts will be slipped inside and I didn't want added bulk so I only used 1 layer and that was cut 2 3/4" x 5".

These cards fit in standard security envelopes found at the Dollar Tree.  I'm going to be whipping up alot of these as well as some more of those Bridge cards I did earlier.

Well til next time......................................................

HAPPY CARDING!!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, there you go with another amazing fun fold. You are so good at them and always make me drool. Lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fun fold with all your pretty papers, Susan!! Great thank you design!!

    ReplyDelete