TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Special Card for a Special Guy

 Well today is the birthday of a very special guy.  He is the son of a special friend of mine and I just knew I wanted to make him a special card.  Have I used the word "Special" a bit too much?  lol  Well only they (and a select few) know how special they are.  Anyway as I type this it is his actual birthday but by the time I post this his day will be over.  That is basically due to some personal issues I had here and could not complete the card in time to slip it in the mail.  Plus I know the mom will see it here so I want her to see it first as her son opens it and not on my blog.  Anyway just a little back story on the card.  He loves ducks!  Frequently he goes with his dad to see the ducks so I knew a card with ducks would be the way to go.  But guy cards are so hard for me to come up with since I love pretty shiny things like bling and flowers.  I'm also more of a fancy fold type of gal so I knew the card would be one of those and I'm not a huge stamper.  I know......the horror!!!!  A card maker who doesn't stamp much!  I think I'm more of a "Papercrafter Carder".  Anyway back to the card.   Before the Pandemic I had visited my Tuesday Morning and I had found this stamp and die set.

Well I wasn't sure if I'd actually use the stamp part of it as far as the girl and the fence but I thought the duck or geese (whatever those are) could be used for something and they had matching dies.  Then in my box of dies I also had this die someone had gifted me.  Its a duck in water, no name die and no idea where she got it.  I asked but she said it was from a garage sale so sorry no info on that one.  So I mixed and matched and came up with this.

Not bad for a Guy birthday.  I might even do this again if I need a guy card.  

Now I need to get this in the mail A.S.A.P. 

Til next time..................................................

HAPPY CARDING!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... this blog post has me in tears, Susan. Your sweet friendship, kind words, thoughtfulness, and creativity warm my heart. And as lovely as this card is in the pictures, it looks even more awesome IRL. Brock loves it! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome card for Brock, Susan!! You are such a dear and sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I know who this is for, and I bought this as well! Never thought to pull it out for a duck card. Your card is brilliant! Bet he just loved this!!!

    ReplyDelete